Monday, May 7, 2018

Change Series



When I started this series, I had an idea for an overly ambitious project that would've been a spectacular idea if I had more time in the semester. I was inspired one night for this new series idea of emotions and facial expressions and angles. I also wanted to try for a watercolor effect with my acrylics since it was a style I hadn't tried before.

This one was meant to jave a more somber, solemn look. I tried to stay away from using a lot of blue to avoid making her look completely sad and depressed. 


This one was probably my least favorite. I like to think it is the sister painting to the first one however. 


This one began to frustrated me because i had to re-do it about four times and it shows in the final product. She was meant to be looking up towards the sun.


This one wound up being my favorite. I feel like i successfully captured a curious, inquisitive mood and got the angle of her face perfectly. I also liked the way the colors all blended together in this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment